APHetalia Free RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Forum Rules

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Forum Rules Empty Forum Rules Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:44 pm

arthur_k

arthur_k

FORUM RULES:

1. No spamming, no godmodding, no harassment.

Godmodding is defined as controlling characters that are not your own for extended periods of time to shape an RP to your own liking. If you are reported as godmodding, mods will evaluate you and you may be given a warning. After three warnings, you will be kicked.

Harassment will not be tolerated. If you are reported as harassing or bullying other members, you will be evaluated and may be kicked.
  2. You may pick whomever you want, taken or not! This is a free RP forum - as long as your username is not incredibly similar to an existing username, you're fine having the same character as someone else.
  3. It is preferred that your profile be IC (so we know who you are!), although you may register your personal email/twitter/skype as you please.
  4. Please keep all public content/forum posts smut-free! Smut in private messages is fine. When in doubt, take it to PMs.
  5. Please keep content on the IC boards majorly IC (although you may make OOC comments within brackets, parentheses, double parentheses, whatever tickles your fancy). Entirely OOC content belongs on the OOC boards.
  6. RPing should be in paragraph form on the RP board, although your posts do not have to be long. Make them whatever length you're comfortable with. If you're unsure, just go with the flow and see what everyone else is doing. (Information on RP styles here, although you don't have to match the length of the paragraph example all the time!)
  7. RPing should be in dialogue or script form on the IC chatter board. It's the one that's named IC Posts.
  8. Before starting an RP on the RP board, please think of any possible sensitive topics/triggers the RP could touch upon or is planned to touch upon. List all that you can think of in the starting/establishing post of the RP so people may bow out if they like. If anyone asks you to add a warning to the list, you are required to add it no matter how silly it may sound to you. This is extremely important! Be respectful of your fellow RPers. Nothing is explicitly prohibited on this forum, as long as you make sure nobody who doesn't want to see it doesn't have to see it! Admins still have the privilege to remove any RPs/topics with reason - if this ever happens to you, you will be notified with the reason why your topic was taken down.
  9. To start a paragraph style RP on the RP board, refer to the template provided for starting/establishing posts. Paragraph style RPs require an establishing post so people know what's going on/if it's okay to join/any potential sensitive topics or triggers, etc.
  10. To start a casual RP on the IC chatter board, just make an IC post! Please do be mindful of what you say, however, since warnings aren't required there. A good rule is that if someone else asks you to stop talking about something, respect their wishes and stop.

Rules are subject to update. Any questions about the rules may be posted here as replies. General questions about the forum should be made under "Rules and FAQ" as new topics. Thank you very much!

Last edited by arthur_k on Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

2Forum Rules Empty Re: Forum Rules Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:17 pm

Hungary

Hungary

I do have one question, in regards to rule #2. Are we allowed to create more than one account? By the wording I'm assuming we are restricted to one character per account (in that our username must reflect who we rp). Even if this is not the case and we are allowed to rp more than one character per account, would we still be allowed to make an alternate account? As long as we keep all of them active, of course. I feel like inactivity of say, 3 months or more would be warrant enough to delete an account and free up the username for someone else to use.

(The reason I ask is because there is another character I also enjoy rp'ing and rp almost if not as frequently as Hungary, and I would preferably like to have two separate accounts for both.)

3Forum Rules Empty Re: Forum Rules Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:19 pm

arthur_k

arthur_k

Yes! You are perfectly allowed to have more than one account per user.

We don't know about inactivity yet, considering there are a lot of usernames to be had and we don't want to go around deleting people's accounts unless we really have to.

4Forum Rules Empty Re: Forum Rules Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:25 pm

Hungary

Hungary

Ah, that's alright! I just thought it might be a fair compromise to stop people from snatching the "good" usernames (god damn it my instinct is to keep saying url--) and then letting them rot. Thank you for the fast reply!!  Razz

5Forum Rules Empty Re: Forum Rules Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:25 pm

Alfred F. Jones

Alfred F. Jones

Hello! I have a few quetions about the whole ordeal, I've never rp'd like this before mainly because I'm very very shy (last time I did something similar to this I made a uneducated comment and well...war broke out on me, it was terrifying) so I was just wondering what sort of things aren't socially acceptble? What would be considered rude? Is it perfectly okay to just up and start a rp or do I need to clarify it with someone first? What sort of things do I need to know before I do anything?

6Forum Rules Empty Re: Forum Rules Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:36 pm

arthur_k

arthur_k

Hey! It's perfectly okay to up and start an RP, although we (the admins) haven't started one yet because life has been busy. We'll figure out a general template for RP starting once we find time. Rest assured that nobody will spring on you because of a misstep! It's all fine, especially as we're still starting out and organizing things.

You wouldn't need to clarify starting an RP with anyone, although at the moment we're still thinking about how to manage IC interactions. Probably at the start of an RP will be a post describing the AU, scene, desired characters, if more than one of the same character is allowed, etc

Considering we have a small harem of Americas the last bit is probably going to be useful, although it is fun to have duplicate characters interact! It's all up to the person starting the RP, and anyone can start an RP. (Although it isn't recommended at the moment until we figure some method of organization out.)

Things that aren't socially acceptable would fall under harassment, etc.

We're trying to manage a relaxed, loose forum so that people don't have to feel nervous about RPing. Thanks for asking!

7Forum Rules Empty Re: Forum Rules Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:30 pm

arthur_k

arthur_k

Just added template for establishing posts of paragraph style RP threads! I also added a board where you can just chat IC for fun. Script style RP is allowed there.

Do check them out! And feel free to start whatever you want!

I'll try to answer any questions quickly.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum